If you are looking for a comprehensive guide on how to use Bing Ads for digital marketing, then you have come to the right place. In this article, we will provide you with everything you need to know about Bing Ads, from creating your first campaign to optimizing your ads for maximum performance. So, let’s get started!
1. What are Bing Ads?
Bing Ads is a pay-per-click advertising platform owned by Microsoft that allows businesses to display their ads on the Bing search engine and other Microsoft-owned properties. Bing Ads operates on a similar model to Google Ads, where advertisers bid on keywords to display their ads in search results and pay only when someone clicks on their ad.
2. Why should you use Bing Ads for digital marketing?
While Google dominates the search engine market share, Bing is still a major player, with a 6.5% share of the search engine market in the United States. Bing Ads can be a great addition to your digital marketing strategy, especially if you want to reach audiences who may not use Google as their primary search engine.
Bing Ads also tends to have lower competition and lower cost-per-click compared to Google Ads, which can be beneficial for businesses on a budget.
3. How to set up your Bing Ads account
Setting up your Bing Ads account is a straightforward process. First, you will need to sign up for a Microsoft Advertising account, which will require you to provide your business information and payment details.
Once you have set up your account, you can start creating your first Bing Ads campaign.
4. Creating your first Bing Ads campaign
To create a new campaign in Bing Ads, click on the “Campaigns” tab and then select “Create Campaign.” You will need to choose the type of campaign you want to create, such as search, shopping, or audience.
Next, you will need to set your campaign settings, such as your budget, targeting options, and ad schedule.
5. Choosing the right keywords for your Bing Ads campaign
Keyword research is a critical part of any pay-per-click advertising campaign. In Bing Ads, you can use the Keyword Planner tool to find relevant keywords for your campaign and estimate their search volume and potential cost-per-click.
When choosing keywords, you want to target terms that are relevant to your business and have high search volume but low competition.
6. Writing effective ad copy
Your ad copy is what will entice users to click on your ads, so it’s essential to make it compelling and relevant. Your ad copy should include your target keywords and a clear call-to-action to encourage users to take action.
You can also use ad extensions, such as sitelink extensions and callout extensions, to provide additional information about your business and increase the visibility of your ads.
7. Creating high-converting landing pages
Once a user clicks on your ad, they will be directed to a landing page on your website. Your landing page should be optimized to encourage users to take action, such as making a purchase or filling out a contact form.
To create a high-converting landing page, you want to ensure that it loads quickly, is visually appealing, and provides clear and relevant information about your product or service.
You can also use A/B testing to experiment with different landing page designs and copy to see which variations perform best.
8. Optimizing your Bing Ads campaign for maximum performance
To ensure that your Bing Ads campaign is performing at its best, you need to continually monitor and optimize your ads. This includes analyzing your campaign metrics, such as click-through rate and conversion rate, and making adjustments to your targeting, ad copy, and landing pages as needed.
You can also use tools such as Bing Ads Editor to manage and make bulk changes to your campaigns, making it easier to optimize your ads for maximum performance.
9. Measuring the success of your Bing Ads campaign
To determine the success of your Bing Ads campaign, you need to track your campaign metrics and measure your return on investment (ROI). This includes tracking conversions, such as form submissions and purchases, and using conversion tracking to attribute these actions to your Bing Ads campaigns.
You can also use tools such as Google Analytics to track the overall performance of your website and see how Bing Ads traffic compares to other traffic sources.
10. Advanced Bing Ads strategies
Once you have mastered the basics of Bing Ads, there are several advanced strategies you can use to further optimize your campaigns. These include:
- Remarketing: targeting users who have previously interacted with your website or ads
- Ad scheduling: adjusting your ad schedule to target users during specific times of the day or week
- Targeting options: using demographic, location, and device targeting to further refine your audience
11. Bing Ads vs Google Ads: Which one is better?
While both Bing Ads and Google Ads have their advantages and disadvantages, the choice ultimately depends on your business’s goals and target audience. Bing Ads can be a great option for businesses looking to reach audiences who may not use Google as their primary search engine, while Google Ads may be better suited for businesses with larger budgets and a more competitive industry.
12. Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum budget for a Bing Ads campaign?
- The minimum daily budget for a Bing Ads campaign is $5.
- Can I use Bing Ads for local businesses?
- Yes, Bing Ads allows you to target users based on location, making it a great option for local businesses.
- How do I track conversions in Bing Ads?
- You can use conversion tracking to track actions such as form submissions and purchases that occur on your website after someone clicks on your Bing Ads.
- How often should I update my Bing Ads campaigns?
- You should regularly monitor and optimize your Bing Ads campaigns, making adjustments as needed to improve performance.
- Is Bing Ads suitable for eCommerce businesses?
- Yes, Bing Ads can be a great option for eCommerce businesses, especially those looking to reach audiences who may not use Google as their primary search engine.